CASS is delighted to announce that Karen Leighton has joined us as our new Chief Operating Officer.
Karen commented, “CASS has a reputation of delivering outstanding support for family Carers throughout Southern Staffordshire. I am very excited about the opportunity to lead and develop CASS into the future and to continue to build on the strong working relationships with other organisations and volunteers who put family Carers at the heart of service provision.”
“A Carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help due to illness, disability, mental illness or a substance misuse problem.”
It may be that you are assisting someone with any single or combination of the following duties:
* Emotional support like listening and talking
* Household chores like cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing, shopping
* Medical care such as helping with medicine dosages or collecting medications
* Personal care like feeding, getting to the toilet, washing, dressing
* Physical care ensuring the person can move around their home
If you are unpaid and providing care then the chances are that you a most definitely a Carer in the true sense of the word. A Carer is different from a paid professional carer, who may be an employee of a Care Provision Company or work on a self-employed basis.